Monk tails wrapped in parma ham
When it comes to seafood, choose the best, choose Shetland.
- 4 monks tails approx 200grms each
- 400grms Parma Ham
- 50grms butter
- Prepare the fish by removing the glassy like thin membrane that covers it by cutting it and tearing off.
- Wash the fish in cold water.
- Wrap the fish individually in the Parma Ham quite tightly
- Wrap individually in greaseproof paper and place on a baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven 200c/400f gas 6 for 20 mins.
- Remove from the oven and very carefully unwrap the fish.
- Smear each portion with some butter and return to the oven uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Remove fish from the oven and allow it to cool for a couple of minutes before slicing into 2cm thick slices.
- This dish is great served with risotto or boiled new potatoes and garden vegetables.
We’d love to see a photo of the dish that you’ve created – share using the hashtag #somuchtosea