When it comes to seafood, choose the best, choose Shetland.
- 1.75kg / 4lb fresh Shetland Mussels
- 1 medium finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 200ml white wine (preferably Sauvignon Blanc)
- 200ml double cream
- Prepare your mussels by scrubbing them in cold water and pulling off the hairy beard bit on some of the mussels.
- Put them in a saucepan with the onion and garlic and white wine.
- Cover with a lid and turn the heat on quite high, cook for approx 5 minutes.
- Carefully lift the lid and check to see if all the mussels are now open. If not leave covered another minute.
- Once all the mussels have opened up turn off the heat and pour the cream into the pan.
Swirl the mussels around a little, pour into a bowl.
- Serve with warm crusty bread and enjoy the taste of Shetland.
We’d love to see a photo of the dish that you’ve created – share using the hashtag #somuchtosea