Mussels with salsa
RECIPE PROVIDED BY GLYNN WRIGHT, SHETLAND PROFESSIONAL CHEF
“ Using the very best locally sourced fresh seafood has always been my ideal food to prepare and cook during my time as a Shetland chef. There is nothing finer, better, or fresher with an outstanding quality hard to beat anywhere in the world.”
When it comes to seafood, choose the best, choose Shetland.
Here is another lovely recipe from local chef and college Tutor Glynn Wright where the mussels are de-shelled, mixed with a salsa and then returned to the shells. It makes a good starter or canapé.
- 500g Shetland mussels
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- Handful of chopped fresh parsley
- 5 tbsp olive oil & wine vinegar dressing
- Steam a 500g bag of Shetland mussels. Allow to cool and remove the half shell.
- Finely chop the onion and pepper and put in a medium sized bowl. Add the chopped parsley and vinaigrette dressing and mix well.
- Arrange the remaining half shells on a large platter with the salsa vinaigrette dribbled over.
We’d love to see a photo of the dish that you’ve created – share using the hashtag #somuchtosea