Shetland salmon wellington
When it comes to seafood, choose the best, choose Shetland.
- 4 x 140g portions of Shetland Salmon
- Slice each piece of salmon lengthways into 3 even slices
- 150 g white fish pin boned and diced
- ½ egg white
- 100 ml double cream
- 100g shredded blanched leek, drain and place on absorbent paper to remove all water
- 100g shredded blanched carrot, drain and place on absorbent paper to remove all water
- 15g finely chopped dill
- 1 egg yolk beaten
- 400g all butter puff pastry rolled and marked with a lattice roller
- Shetland sea salt
- Make a fish mousse with the white fish, egg white and cream season with salt and stir in dill. Keep mixture very cold.
- Place a slice of salmon on your board and spread on a layer of mousse strew on a layer of leeks and carrots, place on another layer of salmon and repeat process, place on 3rd piece of salmon and press down gently, refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Cut out your lattice pastry to neatly wrap each portion of fish, brush with egg yolk and place in the refrigerator to rest.
- To Cook: place in a preheated oven at 200c for 25 minutes.
We’d love to see a photo of the dish that you’ve created – share using the hashtag #somuchtosea